Protector of the Realm is a title held by the commander-in-chief of the Seven Kingdoms. The title is usually held by the king, but it can also be held by one of the king's most trusted advisors in his absence, in sickness, or if the king is too young to rule.
Known Protectors of the Realm who did not rule as monarchs Edit
- Robar Baratheon, ruling for Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
- Daemon Targaryen, ruling for Rhaenyra Targaryen.
- Aemond Targaryen, ruling for Aegon II Targaryen.
- Baelor Targaryen, ruling for Daeron II Targaryen.
- Eddard Stark, ruling for Joffrey I Baratheon.
- Cersei Lannister, ruling for Joffrey I Baratheon and Tommen I Baratheon.
- Kevan Lannister, ruling for Tommen I Baratheon.