House Baratheon of Dragonstone is a R'hllor-worshipping cadet branch of House Baratheon led by Stannis Baratheon. The house has claimed to be the rightful royal house of the Seven Kingdoms since Eddard Stark sent a letter to Stannis, informing him about the incest of Jaime and Cersei Lannister, and the bastardy of Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella Baratheon. Their lands are ruled from Dragonstone, an island and castle in Blackwater Bay.
History[edit | edit source]
House Baratheon of Dragonstone was founded shortly after the conclusion of Robert's Rebellion. Stannis Baratheon was granted Dragonstone by the successor of Aerys II, his older brother Robert, along with the position of Master of Ships on the king's small council. Although Stannis won the most merit during the war, defending Storm's End under siege for weeks, his younger brother Renly was given Storm's End and the position of Master of Laws.
Vassals[edit | edit source]
- House Bar Emmon of Sharp Point.
- House Chyttering.
- House Farring.
- House Follard.
- House Massey of Stonedance.
- House Velaryon of Driftmark.
- House Flint of the Mountains.
- House Wull.
- House Burley.
- House Harclay.
- House Knott.
- House Liddle.
- House Norrey.
- House Glover of Deepwood Motte.
- House Mormont of Bear Island.
- House Karstark of Karhold. (treacherous)
- House Umber of the Last Hearth. (Mors Crowfood faction)
- House Caron of Nightsong.
- House Estermont of Greenstone. (Lomas Estermont faction)
- House Fell of Felwood.
- House Grandison of Grandview.
- House Horpe.
- House Morrigen of Crows Nest.
- House Peasebury of Poddingfield.
- House Seaworth of Cape Wrath.
- House Wensington.
- House Wylde of Rain House.